This post may contain affiliate links. Please refer to my Disclosure for more information.
6 Ways to Shift Your Environment to Earn More Money
In order to make more money, you need to be around people who are either making more than you, or who are on a conscious journey, to make more money.
1) Change the 5 People that You Surround Yourself with the Most, to Make More Money
They say we are a combination of the 5 people we surround ourselves with the most. I truly believe this as we become what our environments consist of. When you have people who are doing better than you are, you want to do better yourself, you want to challenge yourself, to step outside of your comfort zone and just go for it. When you surround yourself with people who are doing worse than you or the same, they encourage you to stay where you are, to maintain and to be satisfied where you are and to stay within your comfort zone.
Now you might say that this is easier said than done. Maybe your spouse or partner, family, friends or co-workers are negative and you can’t just get away from them. I totally get it. Sometimes you can’t physically just change the 5 people that are around you the most, but there are other ways that you can change this. Don’t just think of the 5 people you are around in person. This can absolutely include people who you follow or listen to online, listen to on your phone, on audio, etc. This makes it SO easy to really upgrade who you surround yourself with.
2) How to Improve the People You Are Around in Person
Go to different events that you normally don’t go to and meet new people. I know how scary this can be, but it is absolutely worth it. Consider going to these events as you stepping outside of your comfort zone and you growing from that experience alone. I have upleveled the people in my life by attending new events such as networking events, workshops, seminars, presentations, etc. It feels so incredible to have people who are on similar missions as myself and who have growth orientated mindsets, in my life locally. When I am around these people I feel full of energy, life, opportunities and I feel like I really can achieve anything. I was scared at first to go and I didn’t want to feel out of place, but I am thrilled now that I have gone and I can’t wait to go to in-person events that are upcoming.
Here are ways that you can consciously change your environment and the thoughts and words that you hear:
- Listen to audio from people with amazing mindsets, habits, behaviors and who are taking big action towards their income level
- Watch videos of people who are really putting themselves out there
- Attend in person events (networking, workshops, seminars, etc)
- Work with a coach who can shorten your struggles and speed up your journey by years
- Stop listening to the news and focusing on all of the negative things that are happening in the world
- Read books that have been written by people who have accomplished, the things that you want to
3) Listen to Brilliant People on Audio
I love listening to podcasts and being able to have the people that I want to surround myself with, right in my ears. I am very conscious about who I allow into my ears. I know that the words and thoughts that I allow to take over my mindset, will be the ones that I believe about myself, my worth and my abilities, so I need to be very conscious about what I allow in. I am a huge fan of podcasts, because I can listen to my favorite and most brilliant minds, talk about the subjects that I want to focus on improving the most.
You can also listen to books on audio through the app Audible. This is how I am able to read 40+ books a year is by listening to some of them on audio.
4) If You Prefer Reading, Here are My Favorite Money Mindset Books:
- The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy
- Get Rich Lucky Bitch by Denise Duffield Thomas
- Unleash Your Inner Money Babe by Kathrin Zenkina
- You Are a Badass at Making Money by Jen Sincero
- Creating Money by Sanaya Roman & Duane Packer
- Your Infinite Power to Be Rich by Joseph Murphy
- Money a Love Story by Kate Northrup
- Beautiful Money by Leanne Jacobs
Reading books can be one of the most affordable ways to improve your money mindset, just make sure that you are not just reading, but taking action on what you are learning! Reading self-development and financial books is how I began my money journey personally.
- Frequently Asked Questions about Financial Coaching
- 13+ Ways to Increase Your Energy to be More Productive & Earn More Money
- How to Have Better Sleep so You Can Make More Money
- Why You Need a Blog & Start One
- What Kind of Education You Need to be Investing in to Make More Money
- Top 11 Best & Worst Financial Investments as a First Year Online Coach [to Make & Avoid]
5) Hire a Financial Coach
Work with someone who has the knowledge, the skills and the abilities to take you from where you are now, to where you want to be.
A common misconception about financial coaching is that it is just for people who are “struggling” or broke. Actually, as a financial coach, I work with many clients who make good money, but just don’t know how to properly manage it. Many of my clients don’t feel confident about their financial choices and habits and want to improve them so they can do bigger things in their life. I have worked with many clients who are 6 figure earners and some of my clients have even been accountants!
As a financial coach, I help bridge the gap of where you are now and where you want to be. I help to shorten the time it takes to get you there, not just be months, but by years. I am your accountability partner to taking the suggestions that I share that are specific to your financial and life situation and actually getting them put into place.
I don’t just work with you on the strategies and step by step action steps you need to take, I also help you with the emotional and mental side of your finances. I personally know what it is like to have anxiety around my money as I battled this for many years. Which means that I am completely judgment-free. I am here to help you to stop feeling the shame and guilt around your money that you’ve been carrying around for much too long.
One of my clients, we will call her “C” to keep her identity confidential, was struggling with her money mindset and her thoughts around her ability to make money. As a coaching client of mine, we focused on her understanding her finances first and getting systems into place and then we worked on her mindset around money and her earning potential. Within just a few short months she tripled her income and started bringing in her first 5 figure months and they became consistent!
- 6 Reasons Why Paying for a Financial Coach is the Best Money You’ll Spend
- How is a Financial Coach Different than a Financial Advisor?
6) Watch Someone Put Themselves Out There to Make More Money
Actually seeing someone putting in the effort and showing up day after day, is very powerful. When you can see someone else being consistent, working towards making more money, it makes you want to be more consistent. It makes you want to put yourself out there more and to step out of your comfort zone.
When you have someone else who is encouraging you and taking similar steps to you, you feel a sense of community. When you feel like you have someone else along on a similar journey as yours, you are more consistent and you don’t get defeated by little things, you have a higher chance of keeping going.
Think of it like weight loss, if you have a friend who is trying to lose weight and you encourage and support one another, you actually tend to lose more weight, than if you go it alone.
Find someone in your life who is putting in the work, taking action and working on their mindset, to make more money. If you can’t find someone in person, find someone online! There are so many ways to connect with people online and it’s easier than ever. You can use Zoom to actually see them on video and for it to feel more “real.”
Other Content You May Find Helpful:
- 11 Ways to Save Money on Groceries
- How I Saved Thousands of Dollars so I Could Leave My SIX Figure Career
- How I Made Over $9000 Just by Selling Things I Already Had in My House
- How to Make Saving Automatic & Easy
- How to Plan Your Finances For an Entire Year (in under a couple of hours)
- Why You’ve Failed at Budgeting in the Past & How to Finally Succeed
- 9 Things You Are Spending Way More Money on Than You Think
- 3 Real Reasons You Are Overspending & How to Overcome It
- Frequently Asked Questions about Financial Coaching
Let me know below if you enjoyed these tips and which ones you are going to try!
If you are at the point where you don’t want to struggle anymore and you want to reduce your overwhelm and anxiety around money, check out my Financial Services that I offer. I work one on one to help individuals and couples manage their specific financial situation and to improve their lives by walking them through HOW to change their financial situation, step by step.
Want to find out where you really stand financially? Watch my Pyramid of Financial Clarity video to find out!
Do you want to finally feel confident in how you are managing your everyday finances? Click here to download my free checklist!
I am very active on Instagram, follow me here for more financial tips & tricks: http://instagram.com/mandyythomas (@mandyythomas)